An Evaporative Air Cooling System is an economical substitute for Air-conditioning System to provide comfortable environment in places where dry and hot climatic Conditions prevail. There occurs no effective heat transfer from air in absolute terms, but it is only transformation of sensible heat energy of air into latent heat and as a result the dry bulb temperature of air reduces.
When the dry and hot fresh atmospheric air passes through cellulose fill chamber or atomized spray of water through nozzles , the dense atomized/ water particles evaporate drawing the required heat energy for evaporation from the air stream as a result of which the dry bulb temperature drops substantially. However, as the water so evaporated is absorbed by the same mass of air the total heat energy content (enthalpy) of air remains unchanged, and it is essentially an adiabatic process as per the thermodynamic terminology.
The greater cooling effect of an evaporative Air Cooling system is felt, largely when the following conditions are available.
- 1. Draft of cooled (humidified) air is directed over to the body of the workman, or in the working zone.
- 2. The stale air from the air cooled space is exhausted positively to the atmosphere outside using exhaust Fans. (This however holds goods if the sensible heat is less than 80%) or specially designed exhaustair damper.
- 3. Outside atmospheric conditions are of high Temperature and relatively low humidity.
The Evaporative AIR Cooling System reduces the dry bulb temperature and provides a better environment for the working area. The air that is supplied to the area is passed through atomized water. The sensible heat of the air is reduced proportionally to the amount of evaporation that takes place. The maximum possible dry bulb temperature reduction is the difference between the entry air dry bulb and wet bulb temperatures. Naturally, the effectiveness of this system will be more where the ambient conditions are dry, as in the interior locations such as places like Nagpur, etc. Especially, these evaporative cooled fresh air systems are of great advantage in improving the environment of the worker in hot operations , such as steel mills, foundries, power houses, etc.
Another advantage of Evaporative Air Cooling System is that fresh air can be blown in places where they are required most. The term what is known as ‘spot cooling’ or more correctly ‘ spot ventilation’ is very popular in some of our mechanical supply ventilation systems installed in hot working zones, such as tyre working factories, etc.
- The other advantage of well designed Evaporative Air Cooling System are :-
- Windchill effect:
Windchill effect is the perceived decrease in air temperature felt by the body on exposed skin due to the flow of air . The effect of wind-chill is to increase the rate of heat loss from the surface of the skin. The faster the wind speed, the more readily the surface cools.
- Improved Productivity :
Research shows that productivity increases manifold in a comfortable working environment. VENTECH designed EVAPORATIVE COOLING SYSTEM creates a working environment free of any heat related stress even on the hottest day.
- Human comfort Zone :
- This refers to the condition that most people will find comfortable to work in. With VENTECH designed EVAPORATIVE COOLING SYSTEM, the working environment can be made more comfortable so that people are in the thermal zone and stay in their productive state.
- NASA found and reported in a heat stress report CR – 1205 (1) that temperature over 75 deg F negatively affects both productivity and accuracy of work. The following table is a summary of the relationship identified during NASA tests between temperature, work output and accuracy.
- Compared to other climate control systems available, evaporative air cooling provides the most energy efficient temperature relief for commercial or industrial environments of any scale. Up to 80% more economical than conventional air conditioning systems, our evaporative cooling systems have delivered proved cost reductions and operational returns throughout many industries. Unlike air conditioning that use re-circulated air, evaporation systems circulate fresh air through a building and force out the stale hot air.
- 1. Manufacturing facilities
- 2. Warehouses
- 3. Industrial plants
- 4. Open & Semi open areas
- 5. Kitchens & restaurants
- 6. Animal farms & breeding facilities
- 7. Workshops and garages
It provides an ideal solution for a large number of applications, particularly where regular air changes are a requirement: